- This event has passed.
FX Global Code Breakfast and Panel Discussion
Jul 23 @ 7:00 am - 9:30 pmFree
The Association of Corporate Treasurers of Southern Africa (ACTSA) invites you and your colleagues to attend a Breakfast Presentation & Panel Discussion to understand how the SARB and the participants are going to implement the FX Global Code and how it could affect future legislation. The discussion will unpack the following:
- Highlight the essence and importance of the FX Global Code and how different this Code is from other codes and the benefits of embracing the Code for the buy-side participants
- Steps that firms can consider in reviewing their business practices and processes, and aligning them to the Code
- A focus on the South African Foreign Exchange Committee (SAFXC), its purpose and the role the Committee has in promoting the Code
- Discuss the micro structure of the SA Fx market focusing on market makers/liquidity providers, liquidity takers, role of the intermediate players, trade execution and the price transparency to the end-users.
- How the FX market has evolved over time and outline how trade execution methods by the buy-side or sell-side influence and impact price movements.