What is Treasury?
Treasury management is defined as ‘the corporate handling of all financial matters, the generation of external and internal funds for business, the management of currencies and cash flows and the complex strategies, policies and procedures of corporate finance.’
The goal of most treasury management departments is to optimize their company’s liquidity, make sound financial investments for the future with any excess cash, and reduce or enter into hedges against its financial risks.
There are two distinct parts of treasury management – one is making sure that the cash flow is well maintained and the other is the creation of the policies that ensure the company’s risk strategy is one that is sustainable and suitable for its needs. Click here for more about ACTSA.
The online version of the 2018 Treasurers Journal is now available to our members only. Please log into the Member Zone to access the magazine. We hope you enjoy this year’s edition.
IGTA Journal, Winter Issue 2019
Click here to read the Winter 2019 Edition
Separating Imperial Holdings into Imperial Logistics & Motus: Challenges faced from a Treasurers perspective
FX Global Code
ACTSA would like to invite organisations to sponsor workshops, breakfasts or conferences with a current topic of interest. This is a great platform to impart knowledge on to our extensive database of members and non members in the treasury industry.
If you are interested in sponsoring an event please contact Artemis Galatis for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fin24.com | Court to rule on EFF vs Trevor Manuel defamation case appeal
- Fin24.com | Sifiso Skenjana: Sweet to sour at Tongaat (and why ‘financial irregularities’ impact us all)
- Fin24.com | Steinhoff set to release its delayed 2018 earnings report
- Fin24.com | EXPLAINER: If you have ‘tippers regret’, can you really ask for a refund?
ACTSA provides a forum for
the promotion of the common
interests amongst corporate
treasurers in Southern Africa.
ACTSA aims to provide both its members and potential members
with ongoing networking opportunities, exposure to international
treasury practices and creates a forum for the discussion
of industry-specific issues.
- Facilitate a dialogue between corporate treasurers and their colleagues;
- Share ideas on a wide spectrum of financial situations;
- Maintain a professional association of individuals responsible for the management of corporate treasury