What is Treasury?
Treasury management is defined as ‘the corporate handling of all financial matters, the generation of external and internal funds for business, the management of currencies and cash flows and the complex strategies, policies and procedures of corporate finance.’
The goal of most treasury management departments is to optimize their company’s liquidity, make sound financial investments for the future with any excess cash, and reduce or enter into hedges against its financial risks.
There are two distinct parts of treasury management – one is making sure that the cash flow is well maintained and the other is the creation of the policies that ensure the company’s risk strategy is one that is sustainable and suitable for its needs. Click here for more about ACTSA.
The online version of the 2016 Treasurers Journal is now available to our members only. Please log into the Member Zone to access the magazine. We hope you enjoy this year’s edition.
IGTA Journal, Spring Issue 2018
Click here to read the Spring 2018 Edition
ACTSA Annual 2017 Golf Day
ACTSA hosted its annual Johannesburg Golf Day at the Glendower Golf Course on August the 2nd. For more pictures from the event click here.
2018 ACTSA Treasury Conference
ACTSA recently hosted the 2018 Treasury Conference at the Johannesburg Country Club in Woodmead with an attendance of over 100 delegates. There was an exceptional line up of speakers that shared their expertise with our guests. For more pictures click here.
ACTSA would like to invite organisations to sponsor workshops, breakfasts or conferences with a current topic of interest. This is a great platform to impart knowledge on to our extensive database of members and non members in the treasury industry.
If you are interested in sponsoring an event please contact Artemis Galatis for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fin24.com | 99.99% of Steinhoff Africa shareholders back name change to Pepkor Holdings
- Fin24.com | LONG READ: Trump tries to change the subject as Russia fallout rattles his party
- Fin24.com | Moyane’s lawyer calls hearing ‘irrational and unlawful’ as disciplinary inquiry starts
- Fin24.com | Oil extends gain near $70 as Saudis vow not to oversupply market
ACTSA provides a forum for
the promotion of the common
interests amongst corporate
treasurers in Southern Africa.
ACTSA aims to provide both its members and potential members
with ongoing networking opportunities, exposure to international
treasury practices and creates a forum for the discussion
of industry-specific issues.
- Facilitate a dialogue between corporate treasurers and their colleagues;
- Share ideas on a wide spectrum of financial situations;
- Maintain a professional association of individuals responsible for the management of corporate treasury